Friday, February 25, 2011

My Daybook

Outside my window ~ a little cooler and breezy after the rain last night. Birds. Sunshine. Perfect.

Around the house ~ it's a mess, but I can hear the washer working and I plan to pick up the randomly distributed toys, jackets, shoes, and piles of stuff later today before I go get the kids.

I am thankful for ~ all my kids' wonderful teachers who make me feel at ease while my treasures are away from me

Pondering these words ~  Hosea 2:15 "I will [ . . .] transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope." Love that.

I am remembering~ Ms. Dee, one of my other mothers who was gone too soon.

Looking forward to ~ the boys' 2nd birthday party next weekend :)

I am noticing ~ that I will do just about anything to avoid grading essays -- cleaning, blogging . . .

I am thinking ~ I wish Chris was free more often to play music gigs and jam with his friends. We have this habit of tying him down. Here he is playing in Alexandria last weekend:


From the kitchen ~ not too much excitement. Shepherd's Pie is the go-to supper around here. I was excited that the boys ate their chicken quesadillas on wheat tortillas really well the other night. If only I could hide veggies in there.

I am going ~ to look for my next flea market chair today, hopefully. More living room seating? Here's my last find (after a quick fabric change):
I am hoping ~ that I can figure out how to get in all the exercise and therapy the boys need each week. time in the stander, belly work, trunk strengthening. I would be proud and very fulfilled to work it all in each day.

One of my favorite things ~ This is random, but I just discovered instant hashbrowns. They are in a little carton and you rehydrate them: bam -- hashbrowns with no mess and no thaw time! It's the little things sometimes.


I am reading ~ A Separate Peace (teaching it, so re-reading it) and the study for my Sunday School class, The Call to Follow Christ

I just saw this online (I added this one) ~ bath seats I want to try for the boys -- might allow us to extend bath time and let them play together. I hope the seats can handle the weight of my wittle chunkies:

A picture thought to share ~

Ellie before glasses:




Ellie with glasses:




Doesn't she look so incredibly grown up? I can't get over it!

4 comments:

Jana Endris said...

Enjoyed reading your thoughts! I LOVE that chair...where did you find it? Ellie is adorable with glasses. Love y'all!

Salinda said...

oh mariann! so many thoughts. i giggled through your post.

the hashbrowns: who knew!!! that's awesome. (and yes, it's the littlest things...)

2-year-old birthday party: ???seriously??? wow. where has the time gone?

the flea market chair: fabulous. you must flea market with me sometime.

the glasses: oh.my.word. she is A WILSON. and yes, that is in all caps, stated as only a Russell girl can state it! but, she is too grown up and she must stop getting too big. i insist.

happy weekend superMom!

Mariann said...

Thanks, y'all! Jana, I found the chair at the flea market on Texas Street in Natch. He has some rough things and only occasionally something interesting. Salinda -- YES: on the flea marketing my almost 2-yr-olds, and my too-big girl! :)

Debbie Evans said...

I enjoyed reading about all the Wilsons! The pictures and thoughts shared are priceless. Thanks for following my blog, I hope you enjoy the ride!