Monday, January 21, 2013

My Three Little Birds






This kid-ified version of the wonderful Bob Marley song "Three Little Birds" plays on our Pandora in the van all the time, and I find myself incredibly moved by it. Something about those little kid voices singing about life being all right (not just alright) simply destroys me. And encourages me. And transports me. 

It goes: 

Rise up this mornin',
Smile with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Each by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou: ")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! "

I guess it's because I have days when I rise up and start the day worried and exhausted, and then I see my "three little birds." They sing sweet songs over me -- so pure and true. They have a message for me, that every little thing really will be all right. 

They fill me with hope. I am so freaking blessed. 





1 comment:

Jana Endris said...

You have cute little birds! Sure have enjoyed seeing them more lately..they brighten my day.